Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy Tuesday

Well, it was so hard to get back into the groove of work and all. Everyone kept asking me how the Bahamas was at Christmas time. My response - wonderful and I wish I was back there sitting on the beach, taking a nap and drinking that fruity drink with the umbrella in it. Oh well, back to reality.

So, how am I doing on my 'resolutions?' Actually quite well, thank you for asking! I did wake up at 5 AM to check my crackberry (oops, I mean blackberry) and found five messages. There really should be a law against people in other time zones sending an email BEFORE it is a working day time in the time zone you are sending the email. I actually drank water and did not die!! That is a shock. Do you know when the last time I drank water was? Well, it was exactly 3 months ago. Yep, three months of nothing but Diet Cokes and other things. Well, not today. I had 64 oz of water, Chicken Caesar Salad (with my own dressing) and then a Diet Coke! That would really put my body in shock if I didn't just have one.... yes, I only had one!

Dinner was really good and I actually LEFT the office at 5:30. That was such a great feeling. Don't really know how long that will last, but I will definitely take advantage of it while I can!! We cooked this evening.... 4 oz filet mignon (I was a vegetarian for a while and then added back red meat once a week and chicken at lunch), mashed potatoes from scratch and mushrooms! I love mushrooms. Of course, a great 1/2 a glass (4 oz. pour - I think :-)) of Pinot Noir.

For those that don't know (probably no one since I haven't told anyone about my blog!), I am a member of two wine clubs. My husband and I went to Napa and SF last December. While there, I joined the wine clubs I get wines/sparkling wines sent to me each month from Sterling Vineyards and Chandon. It is really great! It gives me a good excuse to cook new recipes and have friends over for dinner.

Well, I am off to be a 'good' wife and watch the FSU and Penn State football game. Of course, that is for 5 minutes until I get bored and read all of my latest 'gossip' magazines that came in the mail today!

Have a great evening!

2 Comments:

Blogger Abby Taylor said...

Hey, thanks for visiting over at Falafel Sex. Good luck with your goals and happy blogging!
-Abby

11:42 PM  
Blogger Dieter said...

Thanks for stopping by my log. I'm trying to lose a few pounds myself and am currently in my size 4s right now as well (at my skinniest I was a size 2). Good luck on your goal! I believe it's harder for folks like us to lose the last few pounds than it is for larger people to lose weight.

Do you mind if I put a link to your blog on my blog? I have links to fellow dieters' blogs on my blog. If you don't want the link, just let me know!

Thanks and, again, good luck!

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home