Thursday, January 26, 2006

Karen Goes To Cooking School, Again!

Everyone is a winner!!!! The pictures were of me in London! The first one is of me on the London Eye! I have been there about 7 times and just love it!

Why did I say that 'Karen Goes To Cooking School, Again?' When I went to Chicago in October for a business trip, I went to the Marshall Field's cooking school. Tonight for my mom's belated birthday, I took her to the Central Market here in Houston for a French cooking class! It was so much fun and so yummy!! Here is what we learned how to make:
  1. Petatou de Chevre Frais (Warm Potato Goat Cheese Cake with Nicoise Olives)
  2. Saint Jacques, Endive Braisees au Jus de Biere et Homard (Pan-Seared Scallops with Braised Endives and a Light Beer & Lobster Broth
  3. Plat de Cote de Boeuf, Garniture Forestiere, Pates Croustillantes et Sauce au Vin Rouge (Beef Short Ribs with Forestiere Garnish & Crispy Pasta & Red Wine Sauce
  4. Oeufs a la Neige aux pralines (Floating Island with Pralines)

It was stretched over 3 hours and I am soooo stuffed!! I will have to practice up my culinary skills!!!

Happy Friday tomorrow!!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

I cooked last night. It wasn't fancy just chicken fried steak, cheese tator tots, corn on the cobe, and mini cheesecakes, but I AM still stuffed.

Maybe I'll try cooking school...

6:04 AM  
Blogger Dieter said...

Hi, Karen!

Mmmm...that menu sounds delicious and so difficult to make! I'm impressed. I'm not much of a cook. I'm a "nuke 'em" kind of girl.

Hope you have a wonderful Friday and weekend!

7:27 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Oh, that sounds like such fun!! I'd love to do something like that!

7:35 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Way to go Karen. Mom really like this. I think she will make us some when we get home from Iowas.
Thanks for inviting her.
..

10:16 PM  
Blogger jwkoncape said...

I am a fool. I've been looking at the little photo of you, and I thought you were raising your fist in some sort of sign of exclamationm or exuberance. It wasn't until I finally enlarged it and saw that you were rowing a boat!

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home