Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The Police

Tonight, my husband and I went to a Greek restaurant. It was really great and I finally was able to cure my Baklava craving! I took two bites and brought the rest home!

On our way home, a police officer was casually going along beside us down the feeder with no one else in his car except him. Once we got to the stop light, he turned on his sirens and went through the red light. After that, we lost sight of him. We cruised along and came to another light. I looked over to my right and there was that police officer and he was parked in a Mobil gas station. He had his back door open and there was an escaped jailee still in his orange uniform sitting in the back seat (with the door still open). Shortly after (while the light was still red), they drove off . You never know what you are going to see!!!

We are so excited, my husband got a new job offer. This is a really great thing (he does IT) for him and we will be a Manager. The only problem is that this job is so good that when we go to live in London, I am not sure what will happen! Oh well, we will cross those bridges in the future!! In the mean time, we are celebrating!!!!!!

See you tomorrow!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

You're going to move to London??
How great that he got the job offer. I'm assuming he took it since you are celebrating!

Oh, I'd be excited too!

7:54 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

I find that hard to believe. Nobody ever escapes from the Houston jails.

2:56 AM  
Blogger Mitch said...

Congrat's to Billy. What is this about London? Are you hoping to go or has the company already told you you are going with some kind of projected date?

PS your oldest half-brother and nieces use myspace to blog. Is that the preferred site?

1:54 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Hi there- I was offered the chance to move to Calgary in the next two months if I would be interested (2 year ex-pat assignment). At this time (with Karen Jr#s age), it just didn't seem feasible. But, I have been told that if I want it, it is mine, a London assignment. Very tempting - if I could hold off for four or five years!!

But, I still get to travel there! In fact, I am going to Calgary in a couple of weeks, would love to get some skiing in while there!

6:30 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

He is really excited about his new job. Want to know something funny? He got a call and another place wanted to give him an offer! They say this always happens...... God is great!

4:06 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Mitch, you mean to tell me you aren't the oldest half brother and I have had it wrong all this time? Just kidding..... I knew Mike was older!!! he he he

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home