Monday, January 09, 2006

Princess Diana Exhibit


Happy Birthday Mom!!!!


This is a picture of my mom and me! She is a new year's baby.

On Sunday, we celebrated her (belated)birthday by going to lunch at Ruggle's Grill. I absolutely love their food. It is a cafe version of a pricey restaurant here in Houston. My two nieces, daughter, husband, mother and father were all in attendance. After eating, we went to the Museum of Natural Science and to see the Princess Diana exhibit.

I have always been a Princess Diana fan! As a child, I woke up early in the morning to see her wedding and years later her funeral.

The exhibit was really great. They had her wedding dress (with the 25 foot train) and a lot of her evening dresses and clothes/suits! When my husband and I got married, my daughter wore ballerina slippers. She actually still goes everywhere wearing those ballet slippers! Anyway, she was so excited to find out that Princess Diana's flower girls also wore ballet slippers to the wedding!

We had a great day and finished it by eating Italian Cream Cake at the park! I have a link to my father's blog as he went in to more details. The guys were not allowed to attend the exhibit with us! Girls only!!!! So, my husband and father went to Best Buy and Marble Slab. Here is a picture of all of us at Ruggle's Cafe.


Everyone is in this picture except my husband (he is taking the pic).

4 Comments:

Blogger Paula said...

Great pictures, especially the one of your and your mom. what a special day!

9:20 PM  
Anonymous HRH Diana said...

Great picture of you and your mom!!I think either one of you could turn the head of that handsome bachelor!! All of us are princesses. Have a great day your Highness!

5:39 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Karen

This is a nice write-up. Mom likes it too.
I like your pictures. Thanks for sending me some.
..

11:38 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

What a great day! I had read about it on your Dad's blog already but the pictures were an added bonus!

I always like Princess Diana too. So sad when she died and how she died.

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home