Wednesday, January 04, 2006

TiVO - Can it be a lifesaver?

Hi there! Yeah, it is Wednesday and just two more days in the week. I just got back from a great 4 mile run. The weather is absolutely incredible here in Houston.

Many of my neighbors are having parties to watch the USC vs. Texas game tonight. I must admit, I am not a huge Texas fan. There is just something about UT (no, I am not an Aggie either) and the people that attend the college. I will admit that I am some what on the liberal side and you would think that I would then like Austin/UT; however, I just don't!

So, how does TiVO relate to all of this. Well, it doesn't! I got a call today at work (yes, I left at around 6:30 and that isn't bad) from my husband. He bought us another TiVO with a DVD player and recorder all in one. I really like a lot of TV shows, but am never home to watch them. So, TiVO is a huge lifesaver! I can watch an hour program in 30 minutes. If you think about it, I can watch so many more shows in a much less time. Also, my husband networked our two TiVOs. This will allow me to watch in bed whatever was recorded in the family room and vice versa.... pretty neat! Also, we can now record two shows at the same time. Really, I am not a huge TV person; however, this does make it really nice when you are working really late (like I always seem to be) or you are out of town or better yet... out on the town!!!

See you tomorrow!!

5 Comments:

Blogger jwkoncape said...

Good for you! You ran four miles! I have not run in about a week. I reallly want to gt back into running. I'll look ar your blog for inspiration.

4:34 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm insanely jealous of your weather. It snowed another 2 inches here in New England, bringing the grand total on the ground right now to 8 inches. Have a good weekend and enjoy your shows.
-Abby

1:53 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

So you are a two-TiVo family now. I knew that but now I can tell you that is really nice.
..

3:19 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hi Karen! I just discovered you had a blog now! Gee, I'm so slow.

I was reading your goals. I also have the Diet Coke thing I need to quit. I drink water quite a bit but I feel like sometimes I must have the Diet Coke.

Your job does keep you busy!

That Macadamia encrusted mahi mahi sounds divine! I love fish!

I'm so glad you started blogging! I'll be reading!

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home