Monday, January 23, 2006

Tulips on a Monday

Well, we all made it through Monday!!! That is always a 'good thing' as Martha says.

When I got home today from work, I came into the kitchen and my husband had bought me a dozen tulips!!! I just love tulips. They are the same color as this font. Also, he bought some yellowfin (sushi grade) tuna and organic spinach..... I guess you can tell what we had for dinner!!! I like my tuna lightly seared (about 1 min. on each side) or raw and Billy cooks his all the way through. For dessert, he had creme brulee and I had a Petit Four and some chocolate mousse!!! All of this sure did help make up for my super long day at work yesterday and today!

The vet said that Amber has lost two lbs. and that had her concerned. Amber weighs 9.25 lbs. She can only eat Fancy Feast (because of her age) and believe me, she is loving that! Today, the vet called to tell me that Amber's calcium levels are high and that isn't a good thing. It could be an indicator of cancer or infection. Billy and I think that she is okay and instead she just needs her two teeth extracted. The vet said they will test her blood again after she has fasted. Before Amber's surgery, I am going to have an ultrasound done on her heart to ensure it is healthy enough to proceed with the surgery. My good friend's cat died from heart complications while having teeth removed. The vet has been really nice and she called me back three times to answer my questions! Billy thinks she is just trying to keep me from bursting into tears, again.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Hi Karen -- It doesn't get much better than that. I would eat mine cooked too.
Poor Amber. I missed it someplace that she would have teeth pulled.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Sorry about Amber. That stinx. :( Good thing she eats soft food, though. :)

6:00 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Tulips!! They are so lovely. I plant tulip bulbs and love them but they don't last very long.

Fancy Feast huh? Does she eat it out of one of those goblets like that white cat in the commercials? I hope she does well. You are obviously doing everything possible for her. What a lucky cat!

11:47 AM  
Blogger jwkoncape said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog. It's nice to know someone is out there. I hope all goes well with your cat. We have an elderly gentleman of a cat named Black Jack. He is still reasonably healthy, but his brother passed away a couple of years ago. We sure feel connections to our pets, don't we?

3:27 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

My parents keep my cat, Shooter, who I've had since 6th grade. My bf asked me what I will do when he dies; I replied with he isn't ever dying...

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home