Sunday, February 12, 2006

Banff - A wonderful place to ski!

I started my day (after the fire, of course) by driving through the mountains, snow and ice to reach Sunshine Village. This is where I went skiing. I must admit, I had never driven in mountains, snow or ice!! This was a first for me. I have gone skiing alone and that wasn't a big deal. I rented my ski equipment and took the gondola up the mountain!! Sunshine Village was great and that day they had 109 runs open!!! The snow was perfect for a day of skiing and it snowed all day, but not super heavy!
After skiing, I went in the town of Banff.....
This picture is of the 'central' street. I walked around and bought my souvenirs here.

The picture above is of the Fairmont Springs hotel. My husband and I almost got married here before deciding on Vegas. It was beautiful and I totally loved walking around it. Billy, we are so staying here when we go back!

The mountain and trees above were taken from me skiing all the way down the mountain(s) while at Sunshine Village.

In the town of Banff, they had this ice sculpture. It was really neat. On the inside, it is an all ice playground! I just thought that was so wonderful!! It is amazing what talent people have to make these kinds of ice sculptures and write Banff, Lake Louise and other pictures on it!!

Well, I am off to check on my chocolate truffles that I am making this afternoon!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

You've sold me. I want to go.
I just want to make sure they have some easier slopes.
That mountain looks so pretty [and steep]. I would want to ride to the top, even if it was tough getting back down.
..

3:26 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

What great pictures. That mountain does look huge! I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. The ice sculptures are amazing indeed.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Wow. It's gorgeous there. Good to know the fire didn't hinder your excursions.

4:14 PM  
Blogger jwkoncape said...

Wow! You work hard and play hard too.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Wendy C. said...

Hi Karen,

Oh! I want to go! It looks just beautiful, and you make it sound so fun!

My daughter just taught me how to make truffles...we added powdered espresso..ohhh, they were gooood!

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home