Saturday, February 11, 2006

I'm Back - Calgary Recap

The weather in Calgary was absolutely beautiful! This is the park that I walked around on Saturday and went jogging. The trail is wonderful. People are out here at all hours of the day/night. I played it safe and went during 'peak' times. This trail goes for miles and right along the river. Just a beautiful path. Jim, I must admit that I am not sure how you run in the cold weather. I am definitely spoiled here in Houston!

Here is a picture of downtown Calgary. My hotel was the Sheraton Eau Claire Suites in Calgary. It was a great hotel and so perfect in distance to everything!
Yikes! Look at the 5 fire trucks! On Sunday, I woke up at 6 AM to the fire alarm and didn't understand what was going on. I walked out in the hallway and saw that it was going off all over. So, I went back and put my passport and other things in my purse. Just as I was about to put on warmer clothes (I was wearing a t-shirt and shorts), the alarm got louder and faster. They came on a speaker and said it was indeed a fire and we needed to go down the South stairs immediately! So, off I went with just my t-shirt, shorts and no shoes! Thank goodness that someone offered my a jacket. I was outside until 7:15 when they said if you were on floors 10 and lower, you could go back to your room. Everyone was okay and that is the great news! After 9/11, I do not waste time on wondering 'is it real or should I go down.'

I had a late start with the fire to go to Banff and ski, but I was on my way and arrived around 9:30. Stay tuned!! Tomorrow, I will have my Banff and ski pictures on my blog!!

Have a great Saturday!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Wendy C. said...

I have to tell you - I went out toda and bought a Hillary Duff CD because I can't get that song out of my head (the one you had posted)

Have a great weekend!

6:13 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Karen -- Those are inviting pictures, except for the fire engine.
I'm glad you jogged at the 'safe times.' Did you wear your gloves?
..

6:17 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Wendy, that is too funny! That song is so addictive. It was on today and I could hear it in the other room (just goes to show how loud someone had it turned up!) and was just singing along. That is totally one of those 'feel good' songs/CD!!!

Yes, I actually wore gloves! That is a total shock for me!! I had my gloves on while walking around, skiing (funny story on that tomorrow - - I had one of my gloves and one of my husbands)and on my way to the office there. My boss thought it was so funny that I had a jacket and gloves.... hello, I am from Texas and not Canada!!

6:55 PM  
Blogger jwkoncape said...

Welcome back! That running trail looks beautiful. It reminds me of one I ran on in San Francisco. We are supposed to get a foot of snow on Cape Cod tomorrow, but it has not started yet.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I'm glad you changed songs on here! Thank you.

That fire thing would have been scary. Can't wait to see the ski pictures!

7:18 AM  
Blogger Wendy C. said...

I am just glad you're alright!

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home