Saturday, March 11, 2006

Time Out - It is 'Me' Time!

Today was a 'me' day! I woke up at 8 AM, courtesy of a little girl just standing at the side of my bed staring at me. No telling how long she had been there! Billy made biscuits for us and I was out the door by 9:30.

Where was I going? Last mother's day (yes, I realize that was last May), I received a 5 hour spa package with lunch. Today was my day to use it. I had a facial, massage, manicure, spa pedicure, lunch from a local bistro and shampoo/conditioner with blow dry! It was so nice to just get away and take some 'me' time.

Of course, I will be working all today and tomorrow to make up for the fact that I won't be there on Wed-Fri. Like any other time I take off, they call quite a bit on my cell and send blackberry messages. I sure hope this is not a working holiday!

Enjoy your day everyone!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

I hope not too, Karen!
..

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Go Girl said...

You go girl. Sounds like a wonderful day. I hope you were able to relax enough to enjoy it. You and Karen, Jr. have a nice holiday together and tell blackberry to "butt out" of your holiday! I bet you looked pretty and absolutely glowed when your spa package was done. Enjoy your evening!!

4:16 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Ah, what a relaxing "me" day!! I need several of those!

5:05 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Ooohhh. I hope you enjoy it! I'm working until Tuesday at noon and then I'm out the door for the week. It sure is nice to have me-days.

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home