Tuesday, May 23, 2006

A wonderful gourmet dinner!


I got a phone call this afternoon from my husband asking if I would be home around 7. I told him that I thought 7 would be reasonable. Of course, I had to ask.... why are you asking?! He said that he was cooking dinner. Wow! Cooking dinner on a 'school night' is virtually unheard of in our house. I asked him what we were having and he said: Rosemary lamb chops with a basalmic vinegar glaze and made from scratch mashed potatoes. That is like my FAVORITE meal! I hung up the phone thinking..... what anniversary have I totally forgotten about? All day, I just couldn't think of it.

I got home at 7:15 and he was already in the kitchen going to town! While he was cooking, I went in the bedroom and looked at the engagement card he and Karen Jr. gave me when we got engaged along with the roses and bears. I am glad I looked.... this is our engagement anniversary. I came out and told him thank you for the wonderful dinner on our engagement anniversary 2 years ago, etc. He looked at me like I was nuts as he didn't realize it was our engagement!!! He he he!!! Anyway, the dinner was fabulous and followed up nicely with Creme Brulee!

I hope everyone had a great day! By the way, the recipe came from a blog on the Houston Chronicle that he found today!

The picture above is from our engagement. You see, Karen Jr was about 7 at the time and she loved (still does!) going to Build-A-Bear Workshop. They went and got a cat that looked like Amber in a wedding dress(our cat), a dog named Wags in a tux (what we always said we would name a dog if we got one) and a small dog to represent Karen Jr. We were all covered!!! Boy, I sure was surprised!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

LOL! LOL! LOL!

Karen that is really good!

I am glad you looked too! Us guys don't have much of a chance about things like that, do we?

Dad
..

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Mom said...

Now I know why no one answered the phone tonight!! Sounds like a great menu--celebration or no celebration--and a wonderful time together.
Mom

8:31 PM  
Blogger jwkoncape said...

Karen: Welcome back. You skipped blogging for quite a while, and I began to worry about you. Now I have been very "slow to blog" myself. I just got very busy with the end of the semester. Commencement is tomorrow, and then I should have a little more time. I am glad all is well with you. --Jim

6:51 PM  
Blogger Britmum said...

What a nice evening. I love it when they cook because it just makes you feel so special.

I love build a bear. My eldest made me a lion a couple of Christmas ago. I like hearing his voice on it. Hi Mum its me Sam. Always makes me smile.

Take care

2:21 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Glad you are back. Sounds like a yummy dinner!!

I have never heard of Build a Bear..until now.

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home