Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Will I Crack Under the Pressure?

Well, I made it! I have had a crazy week and it is only Wednesday (12:28).

- Yesterday, I gave a two hour speech in front of 150 people.
- Today, I worked non-stop from 8 AM until 2 PM. You see, I had a 4 PM flight from Houston to Detroit and then on to Traverse City, Michigan. I am a lot like my dad as I believe you should be to the airport at least 2 hours early. Well, I wasn't even leaving work until 2 hours before my flight! I made it to the gate in the early stages of boarding! I had a 2 hour layover in Detroit (The NWA World Traveler Club is really nice) and then on to my flight for Traverse City. I arrived at my hotel at 11:53 PM. This has been a very long day!

So, how will I possibly crack under pressure? I flew all the way up here for a two hour meeting on Wed. and then will fly home and arrive at my house around 10 PM. Well, Karen Jr. and I are leaving the next morning (Thursday) at 8 AM for a long weekend in Manhattan!!! As she told Billy, "Can you say Bankrupt?" He doesn't trust us on our own.... boy is that the wrong place to send us alone or what? Well, I have a presentation due on Monday at 8 AM. Not just any presentation, a 15 slide presentation and won't have any information until after my meetings tomorrow.... how much work can I get done on the plane home and the plane up to NYC? I sure hope a lot as I WANT/NEED a Vacation!!!

Hopefully, I will post tomorrow on what Traverse City is like!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

You get that, yes, from your dad. All of it. But I dropped out and went to teaching. It still took all my time but it wasn't stressful(pay wasn't so good). I still get to the airports two hours early.

I saw you on my blog (Site Meter). Thanks.
..

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home